Sponsored by the Abraham Lincoln Institute of the
The 2007 Symposium was held at the National Archives II, College Park, Maryland, outside Washington, D.C.
Author Ron Soodalter
Publication: Hanging Captain Gordon (2003)
Topic: "Hanging Captain Gordon"
Dr. Mark Steiner, J.D. – Law Professor, South Texas College of Law
• An Honest Calling: The Law Practice of Abraham Lincoln
• Lincoln Legal Papers, editor
Topic: "An Honest Calling: Lincoln’s Law Practice"
Attorney James L. Swanson, J.D. – Senior Legal Scholar, Heritage Foundation
• Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer (2007)
• Lincoln's Assassins (2006)
Professor Jennifer L. Weber
Publication: Copperheads: The Rise and Fall of Lincoln’s Opponents in the North (2005)
Topic: "“The Fire in the Rear’: Dissent in the North"
Professor Douglas Wilson – Co-Director, Lincoln Studies Center, Knox College
• Lincoln's Sword: The Presidency and the Power of Words
Winner, Lincoln Prize, 2007
• Honor’s Voice: The Transformation of Abraham Lincoln (2006)
Winner, Lincoln Prize, 1999
Topic: "Lincoln and the Art of Presidential Writing"